Faucets are one of the vital bathroom accessories. Faucets are employed to provide water which is to be used for various bathroom purposes such as bathing, general washing, cleaning teeth, washing face, and other bathroom-based requirements. To gain some insight into the anatomy of a faucet, let's talk about the faucet handle first. Best bath faucets come with a handle which controls the flow of water flowing through the faucet. Generally, the water from the faucet either starts coming out or stops when the faucet handle is rotated. As you can see that bathroom faucets are an integral part of the bathroom because they help out with controlling the water flow in houses as well as offices, and other places also. To help you reach a decision about which bathroom faucet works best for you, we've assembled some of the top rated bath faucets reviews.
|Moen 6903BN Voss Bathroom Faucet Review||20.9 x 9.4 x 3 inches||Brushed Nickel||$$$|
|Grohe Bau Edge Bathroom Faucet Review||17.8 x 3 x 4.2 inches||Chrome||$$$|
|Delta Windemere B3596LF-OB Lavatory Faucet Review||4.6 x 11.3 x 9.1 inches||Chrome, Oil Rubbed Bronze, Stainless||$$|
|Moen 6610BN Brantford Bathroom Faucet Review||10.1 x 8.1 x 5.5 inches||Brushed Nickel, Chrome, Oil Rubbed Bronze||$$|
|Pfister F042JDKK Jaida Centerset Bathroom Faucet Review||18.4 x 7.4 x 3.4 inches||Brushed Nickel, Polished Chrome, Polished Chrome & White||$$|
|Grohe 23036002 Eurostyle Bathroom Faucet Review||15 x 6.3 x 2.8 inches||Starlight Chrome||$|
|KES L3109A Waterfall Bathroom Vanity Sink Faucet Review||5.2 x 1.6 x 6.5 inches||Chrome, Brushed Nickel, Golden, Oil Rubbed Bronze||$|
|Designers Impressions 653387 Lavatory Bathroom Vanity Faucet Review||13.1 x 10.7 x 2.5 inches||Oil Rubbed Bronze, Polished Chrome, Satin Nickel||$|
|American Standard 2475.540.002 Colony Laundry Faucet Review||14.4 x 9.5 x 3.3 inches||Chrome||$|
|Moen 74998 Chateau Laundry Faucet Review||10.1 x 6.9 x 4.1 inches||Chrome||$|
Moen is one of the leading manufacturers of water faucets and brings you the Moen 6903BN Voss faucet.
The bathroom faucet comes with a single handle lever which makes it easy to adjust the water.
This faucet requires single-hole installation. The faucet is from the Moen Voss collection, has crisp edges and unmatched styling which give this faucet an ageless and a trendy look.
6930BN Voss bathroom faucet comes with a brushed nickel finish that gives it a gray metallic look. Also, it is also available in chrome and oil rubbed bronze finishes.
A 100-degree arc handle controls the temperature in the bathroom accessory.
The faucet also comes with an optional three-hole deck plate which enables it to be used with various three-hole installations.
The faucet saves water by meeting water sense criteria and offers no lackluster performance.
Its water consumption is 1.5 gallons per minute at 60 PSI.
The bathroom accessory product is completely ADA compliant.
Get more information about Moen bath fixtures on Amazon.com
Moen 6903BN ReviewThe faucet is smooth in its operation and is easy to handle.
It features an overall metal instruction, and no cheap chromed plastic is used in its built.
Hoses are included with the product and are connected.
It is very good in its looks and performs well in most bathroom settings.
Also, Moen bath fixtures are easy to install and also not priced very farfetched.
Moen 6903BN Pros
- Brushed nickel finishes which provides gray metallic look
- Single hole and three hole installations
- Saves water without compromising performance
- Easy to handle and operate
- Single handle lever results in easy adjustment of water
Moen 6903BN Cons
- Limited Moen faucets lifetime warranty
- Stopper doesn't function very well
This product is worth buying as it isn't highly priced and have numerous good features such as water-saving, metallic finish, easy use, etc. at its disposal.
There are some issues with the stopper which is a minor concern for some users.
Nonetheless, the product is ideal for every bathroom setting.
Click here and get this great Moen one handle bathroom faucet on Amazon >>>
This is a two-handle faucet and has GROHE's patent SilkMove technology.
This faucet looks great for any bathroom décor and is constructed using solid brass.
These wide spread faucets come with chrome finishing which boosts its visual appearance.
The faucet uses SilkMove cartridges for adjusting the temperature of water from either cold to hot or hot to cold with utmost precision.
It also includes a pop-up drain which results in high performance with this faucet.
It features a Grohe StarLight chrome finishing which results in a lustrous mirror-like sheen and also is scratch resistant, non-tarnishing and soil repellant which ensures that the shiny look of the faucet remains for a longer period.
Two separate handles are used in this faucet which results in easy control of the water temperature that comes out through the faucet.
Get more information about bathroom taps on Amazon.com
Grohe Bau Edge ReviewThe faucet is easy to install and offers a very level of performance as well as well built and looks just beautiful.
It is well priced while keeping all its features in mind. It looks good in most of the bathroom settings and is appealing in its visual appearance.
The faucet is rugged and can be used for an extended period.
Other major advantages and disadvantages offered by the product are summed up as follows:
Grohe Bau Edge Pros
- Solid brass construction with shining chrome finish
- Features two handle and easy to operate
- Uses Grohe's patent SilkMove technology to efficiently control the temperature of water efficiently
- Good looks and efficient performance
- Easy to install without having any issues and difficulties
Grohe Bau Edge Cons
- A bit small in size
- Faucet arm is also a bit short
The faucet is good in looks and a little over than average in performance.
Ideal purchase for customers who prefers visual appearance more than performance.
Click here and check contemporary bathroom taps on Amazon >>>
Delta brings you the Windermere B3596LF-OB faucet which is a Two-handle widespread lavatory faucet.
Delta's Windermere series faucets are well-known for their high quality and decent price tags.
The faucet also features a smooth performance and looks great in line with most of the bathroom styles.
It is a beautiful faucet and is also well-priced.
These vintage faucets come in oil-rubbed bronze color which results in more appealing appearance.
It is WaterSense certified and helps in reducing the consumption of water by 20% without making any compromises with its performance.
It also meets the standards set by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
This faucet is equipped with Touch20 Technology which enables turning on/off with a single touch.
These vintage faucets are marvelously engineered from both inside and outside.
The water consumption of this faucet is 1.50 gallons per minute (GPM) at a pressure of 60 psi.
Get more information about Delta bath fixtures on Amazon.com
Delta Windemere B3596LF-OB ReviewThe product is one of the best among its competitors and is also priced well.
The bathroom faucet is easy to operate and comes with two handles and can be easily used by physically challenged persons.
It is a beautiful product, but its installation is a bit complex and consumes a little extra time and labor.
All major advantages and drawbacks offered by the bathroom faucet product is summed up in the following list:
Delta Windemere B3596LF-OB Pros
- Beautifully designed and engineered
- Requires three-hole installation
- Meets ADA standards
- WaterSense technology which helps in reducing the water consumption
- High-quality faucet with high performance and well-priced
- Attractive oil rubbed bronze finish
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
Delta Windemere B3596LF-OB Cons
- Complex installation
- Lack of flexibility
The product is cost effective and offers high quality and performance and its worth buying this product.
The only disadvantage of this product is its complicated installation, but it has many attractive features which make it a good choice.
Click here and check this great Delta bathroom fixtures on Amazon >>>
Moen is well known for its quality products delivering high performance.
Moen 6610BN is another awesome product delivered from Moen Brantford collection.
It is a two handle bathroom faucet which comes with the drain assembly.
It offers the gray metallic look, all thanks to its brushed nickel finish.
Metal drain assembly has 4" centers and ½" IPS connections.
It is a center set type faucet and is also ADA compliant and also meets WaterSense criteria for saving water whenever possible.
The water consumption is limited to 1.5 gallons per minute.
The finish of this product is LifeShine and are guaranteed not to tarnish.
It is also resistant to corrosion, abrasion, and chemical attacks.
The Moen faucet guarantee offers a limited lifetime warranty for non-commercial uses and has a 5-year warranty for commercial applications.
Get more information about Moen bath accessories from brushed nickel on Amazon.com
Moen 6610BN Review6610 BN is a beautiful faucet with a lot of features such as WaterSense, ADA compliant and LifeShine.
Moen bathroom faucet installation is easy and looks good with most bathroom décors.
It is resistant to water spots, corrosion and chemical attacks which make it shiny for a longer period.
The price tag of this faucet is decent, and it comes with its drain assembly.
All pros and cons of the bathroom faucet are enlisted as follows:
Moen 6610BN Pros
- Attractive brushed nickel finish
- Three hole center set installation
- Easy to install and operate
- High quality and performance
- WaterSense certified
- LifeShine non-tarnish finish
- Well priced
- ADA compliant
Moen 6610BN Cons
- Water flow is low as compared to other faucet products
- Stopper functioning is a bit poor
This product is great for purchasing as it comes with its own drain assembly and also has high-quality construction and functioning.
This product is well priced and is worth buying.
If you need a high-pressure faucet, then this faucet should not be your choice as it offers low water pressure.
Click here and check Moen faucets reviews on Amazon >>>
Pfister brings you the F042JDKK faucet.
It is a single handle center set bathroom faucet.
Pfister is considered as one of the leading companies in the manufacturing of faucets and delivers quality products.
The Pfister F042JDKK is single handle, easy to operate faucet.
This faucet meets the ADA/ANSI A117.1 requirement and is completely accessible to all physically challenged persons.
It also meets the EPA WaterSense standards and helps in reducing the water consumption by 30%.
Also, the manufacturer assures you to save up to $200 annually.
The faucet is easy to install and also reduces the installation time.
The body of this faucet is constructed using brass and uses advanced ceramic disc valve technology with a never leak guarantee.
The faucet can be installed using 1 or 3 hole installations and can be mounted with or without the deck plate.
It also comes with push & seal drain for ease of use and a tight seal every time.
Get more information about Pfister bath accessories on Amazon.com
Pfister F042JDKK ReviewThis is a faucet from one of the oldest and leading companies of faucets, namely Pfister.
It has eye-catching features at a reasonable price. Its build quality is good and performance delivered is high.
The following list describes all the main advantages and disadvantages of using the bathroom faucet.
Pfister F042JDKK Pros
- Single handle and easy to use
- Comes in both single-hole and three-hole installations
- ADA/ANSI A117.1 compliant
- Single post mounting ring included
- Meets EPA WaterSense standards
- Pforever seal ensures no leakage
- Lifetime warranty
- Beautiful brushed nickel finish
Pfister F042JDKK Cons
- Prone to water spots
- Low water pressure
This faucet is a great faucet having so many features and also is easy to install and operate.
And if you are willing to buy a faucet having more visual appeal then you should buy this product.
Click here and check Pfister faucet reviews on Amazon >>>
Grohe is one of the leading manufacturers of faucets.
Grohe brings you the Grohe 23036002 bathroom faucet which has a single handle.
It is a modern Eurostyle cosmopolitan faucet which is very stylish and versatile.
It is very well designed with smooth curves and fluid lines.
The faucet has a height of 7 and 7/8 inches and has a spout which is 4 inches in size.
The faucet delivers high-quality performance and looks good.
This is a single handle faucet and is equipped with Grohe's SilkMove cartridge which results in precise and effortless control of water flow and temperature.
The flow rate of this faucet is limited to 1.5 gallons per minute and do not compromise with its performance.
It comes with a pop-up waste set.
The finish of this faucet is done using Grohe StarLight chrome which makes this faucet scratch resistant and delivers mirror-like shining for many years.
It is also WaterSense certified and ADA compliant.
Get more information about luxury bath faucets on Amazon.com
Grohe 23036002 ReviewIt is a well-made and high-quality faucet which comes with great features and is easy to operate and install.
It is also easy to clean, and stains do not develop easily.
All major highlights of the product are described as follows:
Grohe 23036002 Pros
- Single handle faucet with easy installation
- Easy to maintain and operate
- Solid brass body construction
- ADA compliant and WaterSense certified
- Reduces water consumption up to 50%
- Grohe StarLight chrome finish which makes it tarnish and scratches resistant and helps in sustaining its shiny look for longer period
Grohe 23036002 Cons
- No detailed installation instruction guide
- Small size
Overall, the faucet is a must buy the product as it has many awesome features and is decently priced.
It is easy to install and looks beautiful in most of the bathrooms.
In short, the bathroom faucet is a value for money product.
Click here and check contemporary bath faucets on Amazon >>>
KES bring you the L3109A Faucet, which is a waterfall bathroom faucet.
The construction of this product is done using brass which ensures long-life and high quality.
It is single handle faucet with extra-large rectangular spout.
The faucet has a contemporary design, and the spout has a double rotating design.
It is resistant to scratching, tarnishing, and corrosion due to its chrome finishing.
Waterfall faucets for bathroom sinks also look excellent and are beautifully designed.
This faucet includes mounting hardware, 3/8" compression and hot & cold water hoses.
It comes with a ceramic disc cartridge which ensures smooth, drip-free and sustainable operation and is made by SEDAL from Europe.
It uses single-hole installation and is also easy to install and maintain.
It delivers high build quality and high performance.
It is a center set type of faucet and suits with most of the bathroom décor style.
Get more information about waterfall faucets for bathroom sinks on Amazon.com
KES L3109A ReviewThis is an awesome product which is well-made and looks great.
Its delivers a high-quality performance and releases a powerful stream of water.
Noise produced by this faucet during its operation is average and has a smooth operation.
It is easy to operate and can sustain its beautiful looks for a longer period.
KES L3109A Pros
- Very good build quality
- Well-priced in its segment
- High water pressures through the faucet
- Continental looks and delivers high performance
- Easy to install with single-hole installation
- Comes with extra-large rectangular spout
- Beautiful chrome finishes and offers resistance to corrosion, tarnishing, and scratches
KES L3109A Cons
- No option for three-hole installation
- Do not saves water and is not WaterSense certified
It is a good product regarding its performance and looks, but is not ADA and WaterSense Certified and do not save water.
To sum up, the product is better for customers looking to purchase a bathroom faucet with high performance.
Click here and get this great water fall faucet on Amazon >>>
Designer Impressions brings you the 653387 faucet which is a two handle faucet.
This faucet has oil rubbed bronze finishing which made it looks shiny and modern.
It can be used as bathroom sink faucet as well as best bathroom vanity faucet.
This faucet comes with matching pop-up drain trim assembly.
This faucet is easy to install and can be install by its user using household tools.
It also features washer fewer valves.
It is easy to use and is ADA (Americans with Disability Act) compliant.
It features a beautiful design and looks good in most bathroom settings, and its two handle design is plastic lined hybrid waterways.
It is a beautiful product and offers high quality and high performance.
It also meets the low lead requirements.
The construction is mostly plastic which makes it light weight and low cost.
Get more information about vintage bathroom faucets on Amazon.com
Designers Impressions 653387 ReviewIt is a good product and is a nice option when having a low budget.
This product is easy to use and is ADA compliant.
It is also low lead compliant which makes this faucet eco-friendly.
This product has issues related to leaks, tarnishing, and fading.
The other main highlights about the bathroom faucet are summed up as follows.
Designers Impressions 653387 Pros
- Good looks and performance
- Well priced
- Easy to install using simple household tools
- Oil rubbed bronze finish
- Looks expensive and glossy
- ADA and low lead compliant
- High water flow and good performance
Designers Impressions 653387 Cons
- Construction using plastic
- Finishing off this faucet faces tarnishing and fading problems
This faucet is good looking and is value for money, but if you are willing to use a faucet which sustains its good looks for a longer time then, this product is not a good choice.
Click here and get this great oil rubbed bronze bath faucet on Amazon >>>
American Standard is well known for its quality faucets and brings the 2475.540.002 double handle faucet which comes with brass swing spout and hose end.
The handles of this faucet are soft and smooth for use.
It has a 4-inch spout clearance and has a swiveling neck which allows ease in accessing the basin.
This faucet is equipped with reliable ceramic disc valves which ensure that the faucet never drips.
It is ADA compliant and can be used by disable persons and is easy to operate.
The construction of this faucet is accomplished using brass which makes it resistive to corrosion.
It has beautiful chrome finishing which gives it shiny looks.
It is easy to install with two faucet holes and has a single handle for controlling temperature smoothly.
Get more information about modern bath faucets on Amazon.com
American Standard 2475.540.002 ReviewThis faucet is all metal and constructed using brass and is durable and resistant to corrosion.
It has an attractive look and high working performance.
Finishing and fitting are almost perfect, and the operation of the valve is smooth and tight.
All the key advantages and disadvantages are enlisted as follows:
American Standard 2475.540.002 Pros
- Good build quality with brass construction
- Easy to use and is ADA compliant
- Looks beautiful due to shiny chrome finish
- Drip-free performance due to ceramic disc valves
- Resistant to corrosion and water spots
- Metal lever handle
- Includes brass swing spout and hose end
- Easy to install and maintain
- Ease in controlling temperature
- Life time limited warranty
American Standard 2475.540.002 Cons
- A bit high-priced
- Large size
This product is loaded with numerous features and is magnificent in delivering high-end performance.
It has great looks and a drip free working.
You have to pay a little high for this product, but it is worth buying.
Click here and check cheap bathroom faucets on Amazon >>>
Moen brings you another faucet which is Moen 74998 and is a two-handle faucet from Moen Chateau collection.
It is a low arc laundry faucet.
Moen is popularly known for its high quality and high-performance products.
This faucet is constructed using metal construction which makes its durable.
It can be used for a longer period.
This faucet has a chrome finish which results in more appealing looks and also sustains its shiny looks for long time periods.
It is a traditional style faucet and uses deck mounting installation.
The flow rate of this faucet is 2 gallons per minute which are quite high and thus delivers high flow rate.
It has two handles which are easy to operate, and this faucet is also ADA compliant.
It has a gray metallic look which looks bright and shiny.
The height of spout is 6-5/8, and reach is 5-1/2.
Get more information about best bath faucets on Amazon.com
Moen 74998 ReviewThis faucet is great and works very well and is also well priced.
It is trusted by many users and is praised much for its traditional looks and chrome finish.
It is also easy to clean using a rag and operates smoothly without having any flaws.
Moen 74998 Pros
- Metallic body with high durability
- Chrome finish results in bright and shiny looks
- Reasonable price
- ADA compliant
- High water flow rate
- Flawless performance
- Low arc designs with ease of use
Moen 74998 Cons
- No WaterSense certification and thus no water saving
- Large size
This is a value for money product and has high performance and good build quality.
The looks are also awesome.
But if you wish to reduce your water bills then it is not a good option otherwise, a good product.
Click here and get this cheap bathroom faucet on Amazon >>>
What to look for in best bathroom faucets reviews?It is essential for an individual to choose a faucet which is best as per his/her needs. Make sure you read our top rated faucet reviews before buying.
For selecting a faucet which is the best fit according to the requirements, following steps must be considered before making up your find for a bathroom faucet:
- Check your bathroom plumbing: Before purchasing a bathroom faucet, you should first check the plumbing your house/bathroom have. By checking the plumbing type, you will know what type of faucet will be best for you according to your plumbing style. This will facilitate easy installation of the faucet and will also aid in carrying out the task neatly without having any difficulty.
- There are generally two types of installations, single-hole installations, and multi-hole installations. For single-hole installations, you may need to block any additional holes present in your house or bathroom. For the multi-hole type of installations, you may need to drill more holes by the need. With knowledge of the plumbing style, it will be easy and straightforward to select a faucet that will be the best fit.
- Check your needs and requirements: A faucet should be selected in such a way so that it satisfies the needs of the user while beginning comfortable at the same time. A user can be children, elder or a physically challenged person. For physically challenged persons, it may be difficult to twist the handles of the faucets. So, for such instances, one should be looking for lever-style handles. These lever style handles can be simply lifted and twisted by using the back of the hand or the wrist. This will help physically challenged people to turn easily on/off the faucet without facing many difficulties. Therefore, such factors must be kept in mind while selecting a bathroom faucet.
- Set your budget: Faucets available in the market have varying price tags. The price range of a bathroom faucet can vary from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. So before going to buy a faucet, you should first set your budget. Setting a budget is very necessary because it will let you easily select the faucet that you can afford and is an economical option for you. Also, you should check all the specs of the bathroom faucet that fits within your budget range so that you can get the best faucet within the desired price range and ensure that you are getting the most for your money.
- Selecting a specific faucet design: While you are selecting a faucet, you should be clear about what kind of design you want the bathroom accessory should have. You should think carefully and decided whether you need a traditionally styled faucet or a faucet that is crisp and more modern in its design. Also, you should consider the design of your bathroom i.e. whether your bathroom is made up of straight lines or is more curvaceous. The faucet should be selected in such a way so that it sits perfectly with your existing bathroom décor. Further, the faucet should be chosen on the basis of the luxury it provides. For example, if someone needs an over-the-top luxurious faucet then one should go for a waterfall faucet as this type of faucet looks good in any contemporary bathroom and provides a natural and gentle flow of water coming out from it.
- The finish of the faucet: The choosing finish of the faucet is very important. This is important to make the faucet look good and feel at the same place, with other bathroom fixtures. In short, it should match your bathroom décor. Considering the finish of the faucet is also necessary to match it with the color scheme of your bathroom.
- Ease of installation: When you select a faucet, you should consider its installation type. As some faucets are easy to install while the others are a bit hard to install (but provide more sturdiness). If you want to install it yourself, and you are not well experienced in installing faucets, then you should stick with the basic faucets which require easy installation so that you can install it all by yourself. If you are willing to convert a traditional faucet into a wall mounted faucet then it will call for a lot of experienced work, and you may have to hire a professional to accomplish the task.
- Consumption of water: Different types of faucets consume different amounts of water to operate. So you should select a bathroom faucet with a water input requirement that matches your permissible water usage. There are many faucets available in the market which is capable of decreasing your water consumption and still provide the same feel of water flow. Such type of faucets are a bit costlier than regular ones, but they can be useful in cutting out monthly water bills, and save water for nature as well.
Types of bath faucetsSome few years ago, there weren't much bathroom faucets variety in the market but; this is not the case anymore.
Today, there are tens of thousands of faucets that are available in the market; each with its own set of features and flaws.
Popular faucets types that are available are jotted down in the following list:
- Single handle faucets: Single handle type faucets are one of the most commonly used faucets. These faucets have only one handle that is used to control both the temperature and the flow of the water running through it. These type of faucets requires single hole installation and features a single spout. These faucets usually feature a single lever-style handle which makes them easy to operate and thus, makes them the popular choice for elder and physically challenged users. There is no option for having separate hot and cold water supplies with these type of bathroom faucets, though.
- Two handle faucets: In this type of faucet, there are 2 separate handles built into the bathroom accessory. Each of the 2 handles is used to control the flow of the water. While one handle is used to adjust the flow of the cold water, the other one is used to control the flow of hot water. These handles feed the water to a single spout, wherein the water from each side of the faucet or from both the handles are mixed together. To increase the flow of the water from either handle, you simply need to let loose the handles. To have hot water for this type of bathroom faucet, you simply have to loosen the handle of the hot water; while for having a stream of cold water you have to loosen the handle controlling the cold water flow. These type of faucets are suitable for more traditional bathrooms and are also known as the center set faucet.
- Wall mounted faucet: This type of faucet is different from the two types of faucets we already discussed. This type of faucet is mounted on the wall rather than putting it on a counter top, and is placed above the sink on the wall and is centered with the sink. Apparently, the installation of this type of faucet is a bit difficult due to its placement on the wall.
- Waterfall type faucet: This type of faucet is one the most luxurious and therefore one of the costly bathroom faucet purchase. The main feature of this faucet is that the water comes out from above the faucet instead of coming from the spout at the bottom. This feature of the waterfall faucet makes it different from other types of faucets and is considered to be used in bathrooms where design and luxury are a far important concern than mere performance and efficiency. This faucet is also considered to be one of the most difficult faucets to install and set up.
- Ball faucet: This type of faucet is very common with several houses and offices. These faucets have a single handle which is used to control the rounded cap which rests on top of the base of the faucet. These type of faucets are mostly used in kitchens than they are used in the bathrooms. Though there are some models that are used in bathrooms.
- Disc faucet: Disc faucets are designed especially for increasing the durability of the product, and preventing leaks in bathrooms. These type of faucets also requires single hole installation and have a single handle which operates from above the faucet.
- Compression faucet: Compression faucets have washers built within their design which make them unique in the way that such washers are not available in any of the other types of faucets. These are one of the most uncommon types of bathroom faucets.
- Cartridge faucet: Cartridge faucet is also considered to be one of the most common types of the bathroom faucet. To control how the water flows out into the sink there are two control handles which operate a movable cartridge within the faucet.
How to Install a Bathroom Faucet?Installing a bathroom faucet is not a very difficult task and can be done using a little amount of head and effort.
The first condition is that you should have the necessary tools that are required in the installation process.
Almost every faucet comes with a manual which guides you through the installation process and has instructions that let you properly fix the faucet and make it working in no time.
There are some basic steps which need to be followed to accomplish the installation process.
These are mentioned as follows:
- The first step is to clean the surface of the countertop on which the faucet needs to be installed. After carrying out the cleaning properly, the next step is to fit the rubber gaskets onto the components of the faucet that are to be installed and then push it up through the mounting hole.
- The next step is to connect the water supplying flexible tubes to the tailpieces using a wrench and some screws. The wrench will tighten or loosen the nuts while the screw is used for stabilizing it.
- Connect the valves to the spout as this will help in regulating the water temperature. To prevent leaks, you should wrap a pipe wrap tape around the threaded ends of the valves. Use a wrench to tighten the valves connected to the spout.
- The next step is to install a drain pop-up which is optional and comes with some faucets. Installing a drain pop-up would allow you to lift the drain stopper.
- The lift rod is then to be pushed towards the hole in the spout and should be attached to the rod.
- Now, place the assembled countertop and the faucet right-sided towards the vanity. Once done, you have to check carefully for any water leaks from the joints, supply tubes and the faucet itself.
Consider Your Bathroom Plumbing...When you are planning to buy a new bathroom faucet or looking for a worthy replacement for your existing faucet, then it is very necessary first to check your plumbing style.
Before you go and buy a faucet, you should first consider your plumbing style and then by the plumbing style you will have to choose a faucet that best suits your needs and requirements.
For example, you should not buy a wall mounted faucet if you have a sink which has three holes, unless and until you are planning to replace your entire sink with a new appropriate one.
Also, if your sink has only one hole or no hole at all, then you should not buy a faucet which has a requirement of 3 holes.
In general, there are a few types of sink styles that are available in the market such as, sink with a single hole, a center-set faucet which is a 4" mini-spread faucet and an 8" widespread faucet. Hence, it becomes necessary to check the plumbing style of your bathroom before you head for the market to buy a bathroom faucet.
What are the best faucet brands?There are so many bathroom faucets manufacturers on the market. While most of them are great manufacturers, some others compromise quality over low price.
One can easily find bathroom faucets according to the budget based on desirable manufacturers, as different manufacturers offer different ranges of faucets based on their price and features.
Also, different suppliers of faucets offer different types of advantages (and disadvantages) with their products.
Some manufacturers that assure to provide the best bathroom faucets are enlisted below:
Delta is one of the most famous brands which provides faucets and is considered to provide reliable products (such as Delta low flow shower head, Delta shower systems, Delta shower trim kit, etc.) along with their high quality. This brand manufactures faucets with several mounting options. Delta collection provides faucets that can suit the needs and requirements of an individual. Delta collection have faucets available whether you have 1, 2 or 3 mounting holes in your sink, worktop or basin.
If you are worried about the guarantee and warranty of faucet you are buying then, you should go for the faucets manufactured by the Pfister Company. Pfister Company provides a lifetime warranty on the functionality and the finish on most of their bathroom faucets products. It manufactures faucets that are highly functional, stylish and have respectable quality. There is yet another company dubbed KES that also offers nice guarantee options with the purchase. Their products come with a 15-day replacement policy. If the customer is not satisfied with the performance of the faucet within the set period, then he/she can return it and get a refund.
Another company which is well known for its high quality and a wide range of products is known as Moen and do possess a large variety of faucets all of which are readily available in the market. This company provides a good range of products such as Moen body spray, Moen shower systems, Moen rain shower head, etc. From traditional style to contemporary style, all styles are available with Moen. Moen also provides different types of finishes such as polished chrome for modern styling and oil bronze finish for a timeless look. The company is very reliable regarding the quality of its products.
What to look for in best bath faucet?There are a fairly large number of faucets available in the market. Like every other product, the bathroom faucets are considered to be good if they provide some extra advantages with them. The advantages which should be provided by a good faucet are summed in the following list:
- Durability – The faucet should be durable which means that it should be strong enough to tackle rough conditions, harsh handling and should survive for a fairly longer time interval. Before buying a faucet, you should consider its durability by checking the reviews of that bathroom faucet. Also, you should look for faucets which have quality finishes, have stronger plating and should last long in high use conditions. In other words, the more ruggedness that a bathroom faucet can withstand the more is its durability.
- Visual appearance – Bathroom faucets are the focal point of a bathroom. Therefore, the visual appearance of the faucet should be attractive so that it can make people irresistible for using it. Further, a good looking faucet increases the overall visual appeal of a bathroom and makes it look more attractive and beautiful.
- Cleaning features – Even after having water purifiers installed in homes there are still chances that a high amount of calcium, lime, and other minerals build up over time and gets settled on the bathroom faucet. To deal with such type of problem, one should look for a faucet which has automatic cleaning features. The automatic cleaning feature enables the removal of such deposited impurities like calcium, lime, and other minerals automatically after a certain interval of the time period. Also, a faucet should be designed in such a way so that it can be cleaned easily. This is so because water spots are going to appear on the faucet. A faucet should be easy to clean such as an oil-rubbed bronze which can be cleaned with the wipe with a rag and also saves time and helps in maintaining a good bathroom appearance.
There are also other advantages available with faucets such as intelligent water saving techniques, which reduces the amount of water used per unit time.
Some high-end faucets even come with sensors so that automatic switching of the faucet is made possible which helps in reducing the wastage of water.
Also, there are other automatic options available including the motion sensors or one touch activation for the better overall experience.
What Are the best prices on bathroom faucets?For an average bathroom faucet, you can expect a price tag of $150.
Faucets in this range are average and provides reliable quality and average performance.
There are other faucets available below $100 and requires more care and also are not much reliable regarding their durability and performance and can be used for short term.
The high-end faucets have price range which exceeds $500 and are most reliable and have additional features.
These costly variants of bathroom faucets are also very attractive in their visual appearance.
Most of these faucets are available on various online shopping sites where you can go through the reviews of these products which will help you better understand the specs offered and matched them against your own requirements.
Also, one thing that must be kept in mind while buying a bathroom faucet is that a costlier price tag is not always a reflection of best performance and quality.
ConclusionNo doubt faucets have become one of essential bathroom items in the modern day bathrooms.
There are loads of bathroom faucets that are available in the market today.
So, before you rush into buying a faucet you should consider all the things such as price, needs, requirements, and performance, etc. before making up your mind and finally making a bathroom faucet purchase.
Also, you should go through the reviews of the faucet which you are willing to buy.
You should not buy a faucet in a hurry as the popular saying goes "Haste makes Waste".
You should go through every aspect of the faucet before you buy it.
You should also be clear about the style you need, and the comfort you're looking for.
You should consider the installation of the faucet also.
There are plenty of manufacturers available so you should be clear about what you need and which of the manufacturer is providing you the required features.
So by keeping these things in your consciousness, you will be able to find a faucet which is best suitable for you according to your requirements.