Portable tankless water heaters are generally small in size and therefore, have a much less hot water flow rate. Though they are able to provide only 2-3 GPM, they are able to do so at optimum pressure and is enough for satisfying a single hot water requirement at a time. Most of the portable tankless hot water heaters require 2 D cell batteries which you can grab from any general store. Many of these water heaters do come with an automatic ignition mechanism which starts heating water as soon as the first water stream enters into the small water heater. Portable Tankless water heaters are available in both, gas and electric variants so that you can choose the one you find best.Let's head down to the portable tankless water heater reviews:
Best portable tankless water heater reviews:
Eccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater and Outdoor ShowerEccotemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater and Outdoor Shower by Eccomtemp Systems is a best portable tankless water heater. This water heating equipment has a dimensional configuration of 14.5x11.5x4.5 inches and weighs a little less than 14 pounds. ASIN for the product is B000TXJQ4. The part number and item model number for the water heater is L5. Construction materials employed in the equipment are brass, copper, metal, and plastics.
The water heating equipment is available in White color and requires 11 kW power. It requires liquid propane for its water heating operation and is capable of providing a maximum flow rate of 1.5 GPM along with a maximum pressure of 80 PSI. The equipment is certified by CSA. In addition to the water heating equipment, the package includes an on/off shower head, vent shield, shower nozzle/hose set, garden hose adapter, instruction manual, and a CSA regulator. Eccomtemp L5 features a 2 D cell battery ignition and requires a minimum flow rate of 0.3 LPM.
Setting up the unit is very easy, just follow the simple instructions mentioned in the unit's instruction manual and you are good to go. Eccotemp Systems offers a 1-year limited warranty on various parts of the Eccotemp L5. The warranty is only valid if the unit remains at the original point of installation and is void in any other case.
Get all details about this Eccotemp portable tankless water heater on at Amazon.com
Review – Eccotemp L5 is a nice little portable tankless hot water heater. The unit requires liquid propane for carrying out its water heating operation. It is capable of providing hot water at a flow rate of 1.5 GPM at a pressure of 80 PSI.
The product is designed to work as a backup water heating source when electricity isn't available or while you are on a vacation or camping trips with your near and dear ones. The equipment features an automatic ignition mechanism which ensures that no single drop of water is wasted as soon as the cold water starts flowing in the water heater. Eccotemp L5 provides a temperature range of 80-150 degrees Fahrenheit so that you can get a desirable lukewarm/warm/hot water. The water heating unit features a safety mechanism which automatically turns it off after a time-out of 20 minutes.
Escalate down the following list to get acquainted with all major pros and cons brought by Eccotemp L5:
Eccotemp L5 Pros
- Portable built, designed to be used as a backup water heating source or a vacation trip water heater
- Requires liquid propane for its water heating operation
- Automatic ignition
- Maximum flow rate of 1.5 GPM
- Maximum pressure of 80 PSI
- Stronger brass and metal build
- Easy installation
- Temperature range of 800F-1500F
- Offers a temperature rise of 300-350 at 1.5 GPM
- CSA certified
- Best suitable for off-grid users
- Inexpensive buy
- 1 year limited warranty on parts
Eccotemp L5 Cons
- No propane tank
- Cheap plastic construction
Conclusion – Eccotemp L5 is a nice little gas tankless water heater which you can comfortably employ as a backup for your main water heating unit. The small water heater is portable which lets you take it while on a vacation or trip. The unit is best suited for off-grid users where electricity is an issue. As the heater doesn't require electricity, there is no risk of potential electric shocks. The mini water heater equipment requires 20-80 PSI of input cold water pressure. It features a safety mechanism which automatically shuts down the unit operation after 20 minutes. Also, the small water heater features an automatic ignition, which makes sure that no single drop of cold water is provided once water starts flowing in it.
The equipment requires 2 D-cell batteries which you need to purchase separately. It has a good temperature rise of around 300-350 at 1.5 GPM. The gas tankless water heater offers multiple spray settings so that you can choose the one you find most suitable as per your requirements. The equipment is mainly made of stronger brass and steel but also features some cheap plastic construction.
Eccotemp Systems provides a limited 1-year warranty on the product parts. The warranty is void if an issue of guarantee is filed after the installation location of the unit is changed.
Overall, Eccotemp L5 is an expensive small-sized gas water heater suitable for off grid as well as for frequent travelers.
Click here and get this tankless portable water heater on Amazon >>>
Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water HeaterEccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater is a tankless portable water heater by Eccotemp Systems. The product weighs around 27 pounds and requires about 6.5x13.5x28 inches of space. ASIN for the product is B002JLSH5S. It's Part Number, and Item Model Number is L10.
The equipment is certified by CSA and comes in a White color. Eccotemp L10 is capable of providing a maximum flow rate of 2.6 GPM at 80 PSI. The package includes an Eccotemp L10 portable water heater, a 9-inch gas regulator approved by CSA, stainless steel rain cap, ½-inch NPT to garden hose adapter, and a hose for use on a grill style tank (20 lb). Eccotemp L10 provides 74,500 BTUs of heat. The equipment features a 20-minute automatic shutoff timer which resets as soon as water stops flowing in the portable water heater.
Eccotemp L10 is made from copper and stainless steel and has a capacity of 1.6 gallons. Owing to its ½-inch NPT fittings, the equipment is very easy to install. Chances of overheating are eliminated as the battery ignition starts only when water is running through it. No special plumbing is required by the unit, and it can be used with modified water systems. Eccotemp offers a 1-year warranty on the unit.
Get all details about this Eccotemp portable tankless water heater on at Amazon.com
Review – Eccotemp L10 is a portable tankless hot water heater capable of providing a maximum flow rate of 2.6 GPM. The portable water heater is specifically designed for off grid users. You may also find it handy while going on a vacation trip. The unit is built from stainless steel which assures a long run of the water heating equipment. You can employ the unit as a backup heating utility while your main water heating equipment is down.
The equipment is capable of providing a wide water heating range, 810F water at a flow rate of 5.7 GPM to 1200F water at a flow rate of 2.2 GPM. The safety mechanism employed in the unit automatically shuts it off after a duration of 20 minutes.
Before you make up your mind to make a purchase of the unit, run down the following list to carefully understand all the features and issues offered by the Eccotemp L10:
Eccotemp L10 Pros
- 74,500 BTUs
- 20-minute automatic safety shutdown timer
- Stronger stainless steel construction
- Ignition initiates only when water is running through it
- Can be employed with modified water systems
- Delivers up to 2.65 GPM
- Temperature range of 800F-1650F
- Better option for off grid users
- Capacity of 1.6 GPM
- CSA certified
- Included garden hose adapter
- Eccotemp Systems offers a 1-year warranty
Eccotemp L10 Cons
- Designed for somewhat permanent installation
- No batteries included
Conclusion – Eccotemp L10 Portable Outdoor Tankless Water Heater by Eccomtemp Systems. The unit is ideal to be installed at off grid locations. Despite being a portable water heater, the unit is designed to serve in somewhat a permanent installation. It requires easy plumbing thanks to the fact that it comes with standard ½-inch NPT fittings. Eccotemp L10 requires liquid propane, and its ideal operating range of pressure is 25-80 PSI.
The unit can be employed in parallel with modified water systems such as with a 12-volt pump. It provides a decent flow rate of 2.6 GPM. The unit is CSA certified implying huge energy savings. The equipment is battery powered and requires 2 broad that need to be purchased separately. The device provides a decent amount of heat which is rated 74,500 BTUs.
The equipment includes a stainless steel rain cap, a ½-inch NPT to garden hose adapter, 9-inch CSA approved gas regulator, hose for use on a standard 20 lb grill style tank, and an instruction manual. Just follow the simple steps mentioned in the instruction manual to effortlessly set up the equipment. The unit is only available in White color. Eccotemp L10 has a capacity of 1.6 gallons and is ideal for serving 1-2 hot water requirements simultaneously. Eccotemp Systems a 1-year warranty on the product.
Overall, the water heating equipment is ideal to be installed at off grid cabins, sheds, RVs, washing stalls, and other places which require less amount of hot water.
Click here and get this tankless outdoor water heater on Amazon >>>
Camp Chef Triton Hot Water Heater – 5LCamp Chef Triton Hot Water Heater – 5L is a portable tankless water heater by Camp Chef. ASIN for the tankless hot water heater is B00A0M6HDM. The product is small in size and weighs much less than a full-fledged gas tankless water heater. It has a maximum water capacity of 5 liters which is more than enough to fulfill small hot water tasks. Camp Chef Triton 5L features an 8-foot water hose.
This tankless hot water heater can be adjusted into any of the 3 settings, namely jet, mist, and shower. The on-demand water supply capacity of the tankless portable water heater is a maximum of 1.5 GPM. It offers easy adjustment of, heat which is supplied to the water, as well as the water flow itself, can be easily adjusted. The equipment relies on liquid propane gas for its water heating operation. It is energy-efficient and is capable of cutting down your energy bills.
A regulator hose for using with a propane tank comes with the water heating product. The heating mechanism of the water heater comes into play as soon as the water starts flowing in the heater. It uses 2 D batteries for ignition and is to be purchased separately. The product is easy to carry and can be tagged along like a briefcase. It is also easy to mount. Camp Chief offers a limited warranty on the product.
Get all details about this tankless portable water heater on at Amazon.com
Review – Camp Chef Trtiton Hot Water is a nice little gas tankless water heater which you can easily tag along while on a vacation or on a family trip. Its small size and faster water heating action make it a perfect choice to be used as a secondary source of hot water supply.
The water heater relies on propane for realizing its water heating operation. As soon as you turn on the water supply within the water heater, its automatic water heating process comes into action. It is designed to adjust quickly according to all your requirements. You can either stand the water heater at a comfortable position or hang it on a wall using brackets included with the equipment. Camp Chef 5L relies on 2 D batteries for its ignition operation which are available at most locations. Along with the equipment, an 8-foot long water hose is provided for making the connection process with plumbing easier for you.
Let's cut down on the major features and issues offered by the portable water heater, which is summed up as follows:
Camp Chef Pros
- Sturdy Steel construction
- Capable of providing 1.5 GPM of hot water
- 4 settings available – Off, Mist, Shower, and Jet
- Includes brackets, regulator hose, and an 8-foot water hose
- Automatic ignition
- Uses 2 D batteries
- Small size
- Adjustable shower head
- Easy to install
- Can be mounted as well
- Best option for a secondary water heating equipment
- Limited warranty coverage
Camp Chef Cons
- A bit costly
- No variants available
- Not fit for sufficing greater hot water requirements
Conclusion – Camp Chef Triton Hot Water Heater – 5L is a nice little portable tankless water heater. The energy efficient portable water heater lets you cut down your energy bills. Using the portable water heater is a piece of cake and so does is installing it. The water heating equipment comes with some other accessories like regulator hose, an 8-foot water hose, and brackets. These brackets can be used to place the water heater on a wall. Nonetheless, you can also put the water heater in a self-standing position. Camp Chief 5L boasts an automatic ignition system which lets its heating water come into play as soon as the water starts flowing in the water heater.
The portable water heater relies on propane gas for fuelling it up. The handheld shower head of the tankless portable water heater features 4 different settings which can be switched easily including mist, shower, and jet. Overall, the portable water heater can be easily used while having a trip or going on some exotic vacation. The water heater is capable of meeting a requirement of 1.5 GPM hot water at maximum. This is comfortable for a single person use but isn't sufficient for more than that.
As the water heating equipment is a portable version, it isn't designed with capabilities that can fulfill large hot water requirements and as such, the water heater is the best fit for to be used as a secondary source of water heating. The equipment isn't costly and fits into an average budget. Camp Chef offers a limited warranty on the equipment for any manufacturing defect.
The water heater is only available in a single variant which means it isn't that much shiny to look. However, the steel construction of the unit looks simply elegant.
Click here and get this portable camping shower on Amazon >>>
Triton 10L Portable Water Heater SilverTriton 10L Port. Water Heater Silver is a portable tankless water heater by Camp Chef. The equipment weighs only around 26 pounds. It requires a space of 31x16x10 inches. ASIN for the Triton 10L is B005SG8EC2, and its Item model number is HWD10. The equipment has a silver finish which looks exquisite and elegant. Sturdy construction of the unit assures a long time service.
As for its core capability, it can comfortably provide 2.6 gallons of hot water in a single minute. A shower head is included with the hot water equipment which offers four different hot water settings such as mist and jet. To connect with a propane tank, a regulator hose is provided which it makes easier for you to put it in line with an external propane tank. The propane tank needs to be purchased separately as it is not provided with the unit. The water heater can be used either as a trusty hot water companion while on a trip or as a secondary water heating equipment.
You can either wall-mount the unit or use it in a self-standing position. The equipment is certified by an energy efficiency certification which assures you to save a few bucks on your energy bills. The ignition of the water heating action requires 2 D batteries which you need to purchase separately. The carry handle of the unit folds down for storing purposes. The equipment is not available in multiple variants. Camp Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty on the tankless water heater.
Get all details about this portable shower system on at Amazon.com
Review – Triton 10L Port. Water Heater Silver by Camp Chef is another portable water heater. The tankless portable water heater is made from sturdy materials which give it a sturdier built. It comes with a shower head that offers 4 different hot water settings such as jet and mist. For making it easier for you to connect the equipment to a propane tank, a regulator hose if provided. To install the equipment, you only need to follow the simple instructions given in the manual provided along with it. No professional aid is required for installing the unit.
Triton 10L relies on propane which is a cheap fuel source when compared to electricity. You can fold down the carry handle of the equipment for storing it. The equipment relies on 2 D batteries for igniting its water heating mechanism. The batteries can be easily availed from a nearby general store. If you're planning on to make a purchase of the equipment, make sure to cover all the advantages and issues offered by it.
For your convenience, we've assembled a list of all such major issues and features of the Triton 10L in the following list:
Triton 10L Pros
- Provides 2.6 GPM of hot water
- Includes a shower head with 4 hot water settings
- Ignition with 2 D batteries
- Foldable carry handle
- Regulator hoses for connecting with a propane tank
- Small in size
- Can be wall-mounted
- Fits into budget
- Easy to install, no professional help is required
- Strong built
- Camp Chef provides limited warranty options
Triton 10L Cons
- Only a single variant is available
- No hose pipe is included
Conclusion – Triton 10L Port. Water Heater Silver by Camp Chef is an efficient portable water heater. The unit relies on propane which is a cheap fuel as compared to electricity, Triton 10L comes with an energy certification which lets you save energy while operating it. The unit doesn't require any electric connections and is hence shock-proof. A shower head comes with the water heating equipment which can be easily used in four different hot water settings.
The gas tankless water heater comes with a Silver finish which looks quite elegant. Camp Chef offers some limited warranty options on the product. The product is easy to install and doesn't require any professional help or tools.
Just escalate down the simple instructions mentioned in the user manual of the unit and you'll set the unit in no time. The equipment isn't that much costly and is suitable to fit in an average budget. Overall, the product is good for people looking for a nice portable tankless water heater relying on propane gas. You can carry the unit while on a trip or use it permanently at your home.
No matter in what manner you decide to make use of the portable water heater, you won't get disappointed.
Click here and get this portable propane shower on Amazon >>>
Marey Power Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water HeaterThis portable camp shower has a dimensional configuration of 17x11.4x4.7 inches and weighs around 12 pounds only. ASIN for the product is B005DROEZC. Its part number and item model number is GA5PORT.
The portable water heater provides a maximum flow rate of 1.4 GPM, which is fairly enough to be used by a single person. The unit is CSA certified and is 100 percent safe to use. GA5PORT is super easy and install as well as use. You can use the water heater at low water pressure. It offers a maximum pressure of 145 PSI. The adjustable water heater is easy to install and comes in a regular white finish. GA5PORT offers gas and water adjustable controls. Its energy conserving design lets you make big energy savings.
This little portable water heater is specifically designed to be carried while on the go. You can take the water heater while visiting an exotic location or while going on a short trip. The water heater features advanced technology to speed up the water heating process while feeding on low energy. Marey offers a 5-year warranty on the unit. All the components employed in the water heating unit meets industry standards and provides a high-quality service. The product is inexpensive and can be availed in a low budget.
Get all details about this outdoor tankless gas water heater on at Amazon.com
Review – Marey Power Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater by Marey is a small portable water heater. The heater comes with gas and water controls and works on an advanced technology mechanism which lets it heat water at a fast rate and saves fuel. The tankless portable water heater is very easy to install and doesn't require any kind of professional help or guidance. This portable camp shower requires low water pressure and can provide a maximum pressure of 145 PSI. Marey water heater requires 2 D batteries for its ignition which can be easily availed at your nearest store.
The unit is rectangular in shape and comes in white. If you've made up your mind for purchasing the product be sure to escalate down the following list of all major feats and issues offered by Marey Power Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater:
Marey Power Pros
- Energy saving design
- CSA certified
- Low pressure activation
- High quality components
- Adjustable gas and water controls
- Easy installation
- Inexpensive buy
- Lightweight weighs only 12 pounds
- Small in size, can be carried while traveling
- 5-year warranty
- Powered by 2 D batteries
- Provides a maximum pressure of 145 PSI
Marey Power Cons
- Not many design options are available
- No regulator hose is included
Conclusion – Marey Power Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater by Marey is a super lightweight water heater. It weighs only 12 pounds which make it one of the best option for a portable water heater. It features excellent controls that can manipulate water as well as gas as you would find comfortable. The portable water heater is designed by keeping energy efficiency in mind. It is not only portable but highly efficient too.
With Marey Power Portable Gas water heater, you can save big on your energy bills. The unit requires a small water pressure to carry out its water heating operation. Maximum water pressure provided by the water heater is 145 PSI, which is unusual for a product with an inexpensive price tag like this one.
Furthermore, the equipment is super easy to install. You don't require any kind of professional plumbing help or aid to install the unit. Just follow the simple instructions mentioned in the user manual accompanied by the water heating equipment and you will set it manually in no time. The ignition of the water heater requires 2 D batteries which can be bought from your nearest store. The unit is only available in a single finish which is white and didn't come in any other variant.
Also, there is no additional accessory like regulator hose or tank connector provided with the unit. Nonetheless, Marey offers a 5-year warranty on the product. Overall, Marey Power Portable Propane Gas Tankless Water Heater is a perfect gas tankless water heater for customers looking to purchase a small and powerful water heater capable of fulfilling all hot water requirements of a single person.
Click here and get this outdoor tankless gas water heater on Amazon >>>
Let's head down to the portable tankless water heater guide to learn how to check for a best fit portable tankless water heater for yourself by making checking their advantages, issues, prices and capabilities.
How Do I Find the Best Portable Tankless Water Heater For Me?Finding a best-fit portable tankless water heater is an easy task provided you know what to look for in a portable tankless hot water heater. Your instincts will tell you that if you need a tankless portable water heater for accompanying you while on frequent trips then its size should be as small as possible. However, there is much more to a portable tankless hot water heater than only its size.
The flow rate of a portable water heater will let you know at what rate you'll be able to get hot water coming from it while its power parameter will let you know how fast it will heat water. There are also many other parameters which will help you decided that whether a portable tankless water heater under observation will be suitable for you or not. The following list gives a brief info on all parameters associated with a portable tankless hot water heater:
- Arrangement/Set up – No one wants to waste their time on setting up a unit which consumes a whole lot of time in it's set up only. Therefore, while checking out a portable tankless water heater take into consideration the number of tools that'll be required for its installation. Also, check whether it will require any professional help or not. And check How Tankless Water Heaters Work.
- Battery – Most of the portable water heaters requires batteries for ignition. Typically, batteries required are D-cell batteries which are easily available at most stores.
- Electric outlet – Mind you that not all tankless portable water heaters require an electric outlet, the ones that require are those designed for semi-permanent installation such as cabins or vacation cottages. Typically, the outlet required is 110V-120V.
- Flow Rate – It is very necessary to check for the flow rate of a portable unit. Flow rate lets you know that what amount of hot water you can expect from the water heater in a single minute. Normally, it is rated at GPM which stands for Gallons per Minute. Typical flow rate range of a portable tankless unit is 1.4GPM-2.5GPM.
- Freeze protection – If you are going to use the portable water heater in a much colder environment make sure to check whether the unit can withstand that much low temperature or not. Check for a freeze protection feature which will save the unit while not in use in cold climates.
- Gas tank – As these units are tankless, they don't have any storage tank with them. You should better buy an appropriate-sized propane tank and it'll better if you purchase the tank while purchasing the portable water heater. Though no gas tank is built into a portable unit, many offers are available for buying a duo of the portable tankless hot water heater and a gas tank. In Gas vs electric tankless water heater article you can check which one is better fit for you.
- Handle – Foldable handle is not a requirement if you intend to use the portable water heater in a semi-permanent installation setting. However, it is a must if you are planning on to use the same for frequent trips. A foldable handle lets you carry it safely and easily while on the go.
- Hot water requirement – Being portable doesn't mean that these units are limited to only a fraction of the hot water a full-fledged tankless water heater can provide. Some portable units have a higher capacity of hot water than a low-range tankless water heater.
- Outdoors – Some of the portable tankless hot water heaters are designed for outdoor use only. In such case, you don't have to worry about the venting of the gas water heater. These units are optimally designed for camping purposes.
- Price – Portable tankless water heaters aren't costly and fit into an average budget. While low-end portable tankless hot water heaters can cost anywhere between $75 and $125, you need to spare around $250-$400 for high-end ones. In addition to the basic price, you also need to sum up delivery, installation and maintenance costs to find out the overall cost.
- Power – Power requirements are necessary to look when dealing with any unit relying on electricity. Consider the cost that the unit will be needing for each BTU supplied. Some portable heaters can rely on electricity while battery option is not available and hence you should check the power parameter of a portable tankless hot water heater as well.
- Regulator Hose – Most of the tankless portable water heaters come with a regulator hose but if it isn't available with the one you're looking to purchase; you need to buy a separate one. While purchasing a regulator hose, check for the compatible size first.
- Size – Portable tankless water heaters do follow a wide variety of size conventions. Be sure to check for the size of a portable tankless hot water heater so that it will be easy to adjust as per your requirements.
- Venting – Portable water heaters normally relies on propane gas and hence requires proper venting. As the operation is puny as compared to a full-fledged tankless gas water heater you don't need to worry much about the venting. Though venting requirements are minimal, you do need to know and understand them before you plan to purchase.
- Weight – Portable tankless hot water heaters are typically used for tagging along. Therefore, they need to be as much light as possible. A typical weight for a lightweight, tankless portable water heater should not exceed 15 pounds.
What Are the Advantages of a Portable Tankless Water Heater?There are several advantages of using a portable tankless water heater. Compared to a conventional water heater, a portable tankless water heater provides faster hot water at less expense. Furthermore, as these units warm running water, they don't need a tank for storing water and hence saves space. Many of the tankless water heaters are certified with energy ratings which assure power saving during their operation.
As there is no tank associated with best tankless water heaters, you don't need to worry about storing and refilling the tank. Most of the tankless hot water heaters do come with warranties and even some with separate warranties which assure that you get covered if there is any manufacturing defect in the unit. There are many other advantages offered by the tankless water heaters, enlisted as follows:
- Save big on energy bills – As most of the portable tankless hot water heaters are energy efficient, they help you to cut down your energy costs. On an average, a portable tankless water heater can save you about $100 in a single year.
- No need to wait for hot water – As portable tankless hot water heaters heats water directly from the supply, you don't have to wait for the water tank to refill as with the conventional water heaters. Just turn on the tankless hot water heater and you will get hot water in no time. And you save water this way too.
- Eco-friendly – Though tankless portable water heaters rely on natural gas or propane for their heating operation, they produce a minor amount of flue gas which isn't practically harmful to the environment.
- Adjustable temperature range – These heating units offers a wide temperature range of hot water that one gets. Setting the water temperature is easy and almost instant. Some of the units even come with remote controls for manipulating the temperature settings.
- Included accessories – Most of the portable tankless water heaters do come with accessories like a regulator hose for connecting the unit to an LP (Liquid Propane) tank, a garden hose for using it in your garden, shower head with many hot water settings, and sometimes some other accessories.
- Automatic features – For safety reasons, many of the tankless units come with an automatic shutdown feature which turns off the unit as soon as it reaches its cut-off time which is usually 20 minutes. Also, some of the units start heating water as soon as the first stream of water entered into the unit.
- Requires 2 D cell batteries for ignition – Ignition of portable tankless water heaters depends on 2 D cell batteries. These batteries are available at almost every location and are hence a convenient feature to make use of.
- Easy flow and temperature controls – Controls of a typical portable water heater works like a charm. There are separate controls for controlling the flow of the hot water as well as for flawlessly adjusting the temperature of hot water obtained.
- Requires low water pressure – Conventional water heater needs a high water pressure to start heating water. However, the portable tankless hot water heater can heat water at low water pressures as 20 PSI.
- Easy installation – Installing a tankless portable water heater is a piece of cake. Just follow step-by-step instructions given in the user manual of the unit and you'll be able to set up the equipment in no time. No professional help or guidance is required for portable tankless water heaters.
- Warranty options – Many of the manufacturers provide various warranty options on a portable tankless hot water heating unit. While some offer limited lifetime warranties, other might offer separate warranties or 2 to 5-year warranty on their product.
- Good heating power – Measured in BTUs, heating power gives you a good idea of the heating efficiency of the unit as well as gives you a rough estimate of how much will it cost to heat your regular water supply to your desired hot water temperature.
- Various designs and shapes – some designs and shapes are possible for portable water heaters. You can conveniently choose the one that suits you best. Although a particular unit can only be available in only a single variant, you have the option to choose from a number of available choices.
- Stronger Built – Most of the portable water heating units are made from strong materials such as steel and are therefore sturdy. The design of these units is completed by keeping in mind to minimize point of impact damage in any case.
- Long service time – As already discussed, portable tankless hot water heaters are strongly built; they are hence capable of providing a pretty long service time. If maintained properly, an average tankless water heater can last up to 5-10 years.
What Are Some Common Problems With Portable Tankless Water Heater?Like every other product, portable tankless water heaters have their own issues which need to be addressed before a purchase is made. Though the number of flaws of a portable tankless hot water heater is less in number, still they can cause a lot of inconveniences if left unnoticed.
Therefore, it is necessary to draw your attention towards all the major issues offered by a portable tankless water heater to ensure having a great time with these amazing units. Following is a list of all the major issues offered by a typical tankless water heater:
- High initial investment – Portable tankless hot water heaters cost more than conventional water heaters. This is due to their more efficient components.
- Portable tankless water heaters are inefficient to be used for complete home requirements – It is quite obvious as portable tankless water heaters are designed for small requirements and to be carried while on a vacation, they aren't able to fulfill great hot water requirements.
- Not completely eco-friendly – As most of the portable tankless hot water heaters rely on propane for their water heating operation, they produce some amount of flue gasses. You need to look for another alternative if you want to go completely green.
- Mostly for outdoor purposes – Most of the portable water heaters are designed for outdoor use only and hence can be used inside the home.
What Are the Prices of Portable Tankless Water Heater Today?Though there is a wide range of price options for portable tankless water heaters, some rough price range can be defined as per the features offered by these units.
Portable tankless water heaters can start from as low as $70 and can go up to $350.
- Low-priced – Portable tankless water heaters falling in the category starts from $70 and go as much as $120. These low-priced units have an average built which needs to be monitored while carrying the unit around. It provides around 1.3 GPM to 1.8 GPM of hot water. 1 to 5 years warranty is available on these units. No great look and no additional features. May or may not include a regulator hose and garden hose adapter.
- Mid-priced – Mid-range portable tankless hot water heaters may start from $150 and go up to $200. These have a great built, looks well and withstand long journeys. These units are capable of providing a flow rate somewhere between 1.8 GPM and 2.5 GPM. Normally, either a garden hose adapter or regulator hose is accompanied with these units. Warranties offered on these products can range from 5-year to limited lifetime warranty. And Eccotemp portable water heaters are really great.
- High-priced – High-range tankless portable water heaters can be priced as much as $350. These are the best units in their class. Not only they look elite but also have an exceptionally stronger built. Flow rate provided by these units can be as high as 3.4 GPM. At max, they can serve two hot water requirements concurrently. A lifetime warranty is provided on the units because of their state-of-the-art construction. These may have some additional features like freeze protection etc.
Not only portable tankless hot water heaters provide you an unlimited supply of hot water, but they are also the most easy-to-use tankless hot water heaters. A lot of options are available out there. Hence, make sure to examine the specs of a portable tankless water heater before you like to purchase one that you find fancy.